Information For Year 6 Students
2 July - Many Year 6 students have already completed the quiz at the end of the Transfer to Caldew Year 6 Workbook. Well done to these students who have achieved their first achievement point. If you haven’t sent in your quiz yet, please send it to Mr Garbett using this email address: email@example.com Well done to Mr Callow’s form, who has had the highest number of entries so far. Have a look at the table below to see how your form group is doing!
Quiz answers received
- Miss Mcvey : 20%
- Mr Callow : 40%
- Miss Gillies :
- Miss Waite :
- Miss Armstrong : 20%
- Mr Brown : 20%
- Mr Glover :
Top 10 tips for new Year 7 students
1. Making Friends - Smile at people, get involved, join clubs - remember, everyone feels the same.
2. Map of the School - Keep the map handy that you will receive, it will come in useful.
3. Getting Lost - Older students are always helpful and friendly and will show you where to go.
4. Being Late - Leave yourself plenty of time to get to school in the morning, and in-between lessons.
5. Practice your journey to School - If you practice your bus route beforehand, you will know exactly how long it takes.
6. Phones - The school does allow mobile phones but they must be switched off and stored in your bag during lessons. Caldew School doesn’t accept any responsibility for phones brought into school.
7. Homework - Be organised and write down any homework that is set in your planner in detail, so when you get home, you know exactly what you have to do and when it is due to be handed in.
8. Get plenty of sleep - School is tiring, you will be exhausted if you have not had a good night's sleep.
9. Don't worry - Don't stress about the little things, they are never as bad as they seem.
10. Have fun - Making new friends and facing new challenges is all part of the experience of Secondary School. So, enjoy it!