Year 7 Email & Firefly Instructions
Year 7 Email and Firefly Instructions
The following will explain how you can access your school email and how to activate your Firefly account so that you can find the work that teachers have set for you in your absence.
Logging into the School Email
1. Go to the Caldew School website and click ‘Log In’ at the top.
2. Click on ‘Student Mail’
3. Enter your school email address. If your name is John Smith, it would be: firstname.lastname@example.org. The number at the start of the address is dependent on the year you started Caldew. (Year 7 – 21)
4. Enter the password: Caldew21 (NB. Capital C)
5. Once you have logged in, you can change the password to one of your own choice. Please make sure that you make a note of this somewhere safe.
How to Activate Firefly:
1. Go to https://caldew.fireflycloud.net. You will see the screen below. Click on “Logging in for the
first time? Activate your account”.
2. You will then see the screen below. Type in your school email address and then click on “Activate
account”. If your name is John Smith, it would be: email@example.com. The number at
the start of the address is dependent on the year you started Caldew (Year 7 – 21).
3. You will then see a message that tells you to check your mailbox. Go to your school email and look
for a new email from Firefly.
4. Open the email and click on “Activate Your Account Here”.
5. You will then need to pick a password. Remember to write this down so you remember it!
6. You are all set!
The Basics of Firefly:
Finding the work set by teachers:
Students will receive lesson instructions and tasks via the “Tasks” section on Firefly.
Click on each of the tasks set for a full description of what to do.
Marking tasks as done
When students have completed a task they need to let teachers know. To do this:
1. Go to the task.
2. Choose “Mark as done”.
Please watch the following video for a tour of the basics. This includes:
-A quick tour
-Viewing your tasks
-Marking tasks as done
-Viewing your marks
We are offering a support service to students who are unable to access their school resources. We will be able to help with login issues for School Email, Firefly and Office365.
For support, please email:
A technician will contact you as soon as they can. Please provide as much information as you can in your email, including your login name, and screenshots if possible. DO NOT INCLUDE YOUR PASSWORD.