- Caldew is a good school committed to becoming an outstanding school, which places learning at its heart.
- Caldew fosters positive attitudes to successful learning and high achievement amongst all its learners. It promotes a thriving, enthusiastic and energised learning community, in which everyone takes pride, developing outward looking young people keen to explore the wider world.
- Caldew provides appropriate learning opportunities for all the young people in the school community, irrespective of their abilities, background, faith or interests.
- Caldew students are respectful of others, take responsibility and develop independence. They have high levels of self esteem and ambitious aspirations, with an enterprising approach to life.
- Caldew is an inclusive school with provision for the most able and for those with learning difficulties and disabilities. It contributes to the area facilities available for young people with more profound needs, specialising in the field of Autistic Spectrum Disorder.
- Caldew offers a curriculum which develops the understanding, skills and knowledge of all learners, providing a sound foundation for further learning in later life. Its broad curriculum reflects the rural character of the school’s catchment area whilst responding to the full spectrum of students’ strengths, interests and needs.
- Caldew is at the forefront of learning and teaching, continuously enhancing our practice to realise high standards of achievement within our excellent and improving facilities. We embrace new technologies, making learning accessible to young people through media in which they feel confident and in ways and at times which extend the boundaries of learning.
- Caldew ensures our students are equipped to play a key role in social and economic development; prepared effectively for employment; well informed through effective guidance about their personal options for the future; and recognised for their positive contributions by the local community.
Sections within Our School
Caldew Friends & Family Association provides funds for “extras” that enrich and have an impact on our children’s education.
Caldew School recognises that homophobic, biphobic and transphobic bullying is widespread in Britain’s schools.
Vision & Values
"Where every student is successful today and prepared for tomorrow - Aspire, Believe and Achieve."
Our past students are an inspiration to our present ones. Their achievements we celebrate and encourage others to aspire to…
As a rural school located in Dalston we are a vital part of our local community with many students making positive contributions to it…
Ofsted Parent View
Parent View gives you the chance to tell Ofsted what you think about your child’s school.