Library for the Sixth Form
6th Formers need a place for independent study, and the resources to support this.
In acknowledgement of their increased information need, the Library makes the following differentiated provision:
- Increased borrowing allowance of up to 6 items at any one time.
- Independent study spaces available during free periods, before and after school.
- A bank of laptops available to borrow on short loan for use in the library during the school day.
- Laptops available to borrow and take home on medium and long term basis.
- Subscription to specialist online information resources. For more recommendations of suitable online information, see the Resources page.
- Advanced level book resources made available and limited to 6th Form borrowing only
- Eating and drinking (within reason) allowed for 6th Formers during free periods, provided litter is cleared away.
- Study skills sessions run by the Librarian for Year 12 students, and user guides e.g. on Referencing and Bibliographies provided.
- A wide range of University prospectuses and careers information materials available for consultation.
If a 6th Form student requires a resource that the library doesn't have in stock, they are entitled to request its purchase. If this is not possible, the librarian will help and advise on where and how the information can be accessed.