Home School Agreement
- I will take pride in my appearance, wear the full school uniform correctly and bring basic equipment every day.
- I will attend school regularly (aiming for 100% attendance) and arrive promptly to registration and all lessons.
- I will take responsibility for my own learning; work hard and complete all tasks set to the best of my ability, meeting all deadlines; use my planner properly. Tell a Teacher if I am worried or concerned about any aspect of my learning. Develop a growth mindset to support academic achievement.
- I will strive to attain excellence in all its forms through full participation in the academic, sporting and extra-curricular activities of the school.
- I will follow the Code of Conduct; take responsibility of my behaviour to ensure every Teacher has a right to teach, every student has a right to learn and everyone has the right to feel safe. Accept and complete consequences if they are given.
- I will let an adult know if I have any concerns or worries affecting my work or well-being.
- I will not upload or add any text, image, sound or videos that could upset or offend any member of the Caldew School community or damage the reputation of the school; ensure proper and safe use of the school ICT.
- I will take home all letters, communicate with my parents about school events.
- I will be proud to be part of the Caldew School community. Respect all staff, students within school and people in the wider surrounding community treating all people the way I want to be treated. Respect my environment, not causing deliberate damage and behave whilst in school and travelling to and from school. Ensure the Caldew School community is a safe place for everyone.
Parents and Carers
- We will ensure our child arrives to school by 08:35, in full school uniform with the equipment they need.
- We will ensure our child is punctual and attends school regularly (aiming for 100% attendance); inform the school promptly of any absence or change in our child’s circumstances that might impact on their attendance and punctuality; aim to arrange dental/medical appointments out of school hours; avoid
family holidays in term times.
- We will support and encourage learning at home; ensure all deadlines are met. Check Homework Planner. Encourage a growth mindset. encourage our child’s learning through extra-curricular activities and independent learning.
- We will encourage our child to have a positive attitude to learning and high standards of behaviour at all times; support all aspects of the Code of Conduct including after school detentions and Seclusion. Ensure our child understands the Code of Conduct.
- We will inform the school if there are any circumstances likely to affect our child’s learning; inform the school of any changes to emergency contact numbers.
- We will support the school’s approach to E-safety including the proper and safe use of mobile phones and the school ICT systems.
- We will endeavour to attend Parents’ Evenings; read letters and texts; support all of Caldew School’s policies; respond to any reasonable request to discuss my child’s education; respect the professional judgement of teachers.
- We will embrace Caldew School’s community spirit and work in partnership with the school to create a community in which our child thrives.
- We will insist that school uniform is worn correctly and check basic equipment; provide an inclusive, safe and accessible environment in which students can learn and thrive.
- We will insist on good attendance (aiming for 100%) and punctuality and provide support where needed. Provide regular information on student attendance.
- We will provide quality learning experiences with a broad and balanced curriculum; teach effective lessons and prepare appropriate work that is challenging and regularly assessed. Teach students to embrace challenges through nurturing a growth mindset.
- We will provide extra-curricular activities to develop the broader skills that assist with personal, social, physical and cultural development of students.
- We will encourage high expectations and reward high standards of behaviour at all times; uphold the Code of Conduct consistently.
- We will listen to and respond constructively to students’ and parents' concerns.
- We will educate students about E-safety and ensure systems are in place for safe ICT usage.
- We will report regularly on each student’s progress and inform parents of any concerns; provide all necessary information regarding the policies and activities of the school and its students.
- We will encourage all members of the Caldew School community to value the qualities of others and in turn to feel valued themselves. Value parents as part of the Caldew School community and work in partnership for their child’s education.