Caldew School Council has over 100 members this year led by three School Council Chairs who are members of our sixth form community. There are 2 elected representatives per form group and these pupils sit on their Year Council. Year Councils meet a few times per half term and discuss a range of topics including fundraising and teaching and learning. Students are encouraged to share their views with their peers via conversations in form groups which their reps can feedback to their Year Council.
Each year group also has democratically elected year reps who sit on the Whole School Council alongside staff and a member of the school's governing body. The Whole School Council meets once per term to discuss the views of the whole student body and this is fed back to the school's senior leadership and governors.
This year the School Council have a number of avenues of focus including:
- Teaching and learning reviews
- Promoting the School's values
- Engaging in the local community
- Building links with Carlisle Youth Council
- Reviewing Sustainable practises at the school
- Developing student awareness of mental health
No downloads available!