Code of Conduct
Students have the right to learn...
- Aim to 'be the best you can be'
- Be proud of your achievements and celebrate the success of others
- Respect everyone's opinions, listening to others and allowing all to take part in learning
- Take pride in your work and your environment
- Take opportunities to improve your work based on marking and feedback
- Recognise it is OK to fail and get things wrong if you learn from it Work in silence when you're asked to
- Make sure your behaviour does not distract other students
Teachers have the right to teach...
- Everyone needs to be on time for lessons
- Bring your books and equipment to every lesson
- Follow instructions first time
- Engage positively in each activity - try your best
- Behave sensibly and concentrate on the lesson
- Listen carefully to others and take turns when speaking
Everyone has the right to feel safe...
- Walk around the school in a calm manner - keeping to the left and being aware of others
- Speak up for others and 'call out' bullying
- Challenge unacceptable language and comments
- Treat each other as you want to be treated
- Make sure everyone is included - be thoughtful and kind
- Think about how your behaviour affects others
- Show tolerance and acceptance of everyone
- Be safe on the internet
- Make sure you know who to turn to for help