All students are automatically enrolled as members of the library on their first day at Caldew School, and have full access to the facilities we offer throughout their school lives.
The key aims of our library…
- To provide a stimulating, secure and supportive learning and study environment.
- To enable students to develop their information skills to become confident, independent and lifelong learners.
- To provide a wide range of current children’s and young adult fiction, supporting literacy development and encouraging reading for pleasure.
- To provide a current and responsive range of print and online information resources, supporting the curriculum of the School.
- To provide space, resources and activities which respond to and develop Caldew School students as individuals.
Keep reading over the summer, and fill in your Book Review Leaf to gain an Achievement Point at the start of term!
If you’re stuck for ideas of things to read, click here for some recommendations from Mrs Bell!
Free eBook and Audiobook loans during lockdown
Cumbria Libraries free Borrowbox service is available to all residents of Cumbria, with a wide selection of ebooks and audiobooks for you to borrow directly onto your computer, phone or other device with a free app. If you are not a library member, do not worry, it is free to sign up for temporary membership online until the libraries reopen! For more information on this fantastic service, follow this link https://www.cumbria.gov.uk/libraries/online_resources/ebooks_audiobooks.asp