All students are automatically enrolled as members of the library on their first day at Caldew School, and have full access to the facilities we offer throughout their school lives.
The key aims of our library…
- To provide a stimulating, secure and supportive learning and study environment.
- To enable students to develop their information skills to become confident, independent and lifelong learners.
- To provide a wide range of current children’s and young adult fiction, supporting literacy development and encouraging reading for pleasure.
- To provide a current and responsive range of print and online information resources, supporting the curriculum of the School.
- To provide space, resources and activities which respond to and develop Caldew School students as individuals.
Keep reading over the summer, and fill in your Book Review Leaf to gain an Achievement Point at the start of term!